Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Napa Fairytale: We Ride off Into the Night


10/10/10 was winding down and it was time to send us off into the world as husband and wife. The remaining guests gathered in the courtyard to wish us well, high-fiving us through their tunnel of love.


I envisioned rose petals for the send-off, but we improvise pretty well, and our families rallied with their centerpieces and arms.


Once we popped up on top of the stairs, Ryan mounted the bike and a small panic set into my excitement. "Can he drive?! Isn't he wasted?!" Once on the bike behind him, I seriously contemplated hopping off when he couldn't start it right away. I was honestly pretty scared. I remember saying, "Ummm..I don't think this is such a good idea", but no one seemed to hear me.


He assured me he was fine (which I knew he wasn't), but I figured if I was going to die, this night was as good as any. The engine roared, the guests did too, and a sudden jolt of cool air rushed past my ears.

(photos by Luke Snyder Studio)

Clutching my groom for dear life, we rode off into the night for the first time as husband and wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment here, or head over to Weddingbee.com to add to the discussion there!