Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Napa Fairytale: The Garter and Bouquet Tosses

I've been looking forward to sharing this one with you! I'm always the one to make the faces, but Mr. Barrettes definitely got into the spirit with the garter toss...


Someone pulled out a chair, a circle began to form around it and I was summoned to have a seat. (I also should have been reminded to change back into my purple pumps, but you know how things go.) My groom was quick to join me in the middle of the circle and I could tell by his face he was getting a little saucy. I whispered to him to try not to show the whole room my sous-vĂȘtements.


About halfway down my thigh he decided to bite it and pull it down. Maybe I should wear these things more often! Glad it arrived in the mail that day or I would have missed out on the garter fun.

Cheating a little! I see those hands! Must have been my dancer calf. ;)


He was stoked when he got it off and he ripped the little white bow off of it-- with his teeth! I had purchased 2 so I didn't care what happened to it, but it was funny to see the little white bow laying in the middle of the floor.


He didn't waste any time in tossing it over his shoulder. The single men scurried to get near him and he launched it...landing it right in front of the only gay man out there! Yay, Dyl!

Next, it was my turn. I motioned for the ladies to come closer towards me, away from the light fixture. I could only imagine my bouquet ending up swinging from the ceiling.


Yes, I used my real bouquet. What's the point of throwing a fake one? I have gorgeous photos of it looking fresh and pretty, I didn't need to save them until they were dead.


My cousin, Olivia (the florist's daughter coincidentally) caught the purple pretties. She's only 16 so I'm hoping she isn't really the next to be married. Yes, yes, I know, technically every one should be over 18, but seriously, there isn't wedding police. ;)

Dylan, very gentlemanly, pushed the garter up her leg and everyone laughed and gave them a round of applause.

(photos by Luke Snyder Studio)

With that business taken care of, the rest of the night was left for dancing!

I know many brides and grooms balk at the whole tossing thing, but there was no question as to whether we would do it at our wedding. I like the tradition, I think it's cute, and it's suppose to be fun! Not to mention our guests loved it. It is a wedding, ya'll-- there is only one time in your life that you can be a bride and toss the bouquet, do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment here, or head over to Weddingbee.com to add to the discussion there!