Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Napa Fairytale: The Groom and His Mom Get the Party Started


After my weepy dance with my dad, the Mother/Son dance rocked the room into a dance party! They never told me what they were planning so I was just as surprised as everyone else. Their dance started off with a few bars of Celine Dion, but then they whipped out sunglasses and grooved it out as the DJ flipped on "Cooler Than Me" by Mike Posner.





Mix in some Usher, invite people to dance and you've got yourself a full-blown dance party! My cousins are so fun at weddings. They never leave the dance floor and always keep it poppin'!



(photos by Luke Snyder Studio)

With the dance floor packed, I took the opportunity to grab my groom and some of his friends and have them hang our photobooth. We so didn't have a plan for that, but it needed to get hung one way or another in the courtyard. It was also around this time that I felt like I was in charge of everything. I don't know why this happened, but I felt like the host and I had to make sure everyone was having a good time everywhere.

I never really just sat down or relaxed for one second. There was so much adrenaline pumping through my veins and so many people to talk to that I just felt like I was wrapped up in a whirlwind. If I could go back and do it again I would sit down for 10 minutes, drink my wine and enjoy the party unfolding around me.

Take a minute during your reception to just watch for a tiny bit and feel satisfied that you did a great job pulling it all together. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment here, or head over to Weddingbee.com to add to the discussion there!