Monday, February 28, 2011

A Napa Fairytale: Father/Daughter Dance

Ok, I know I said there would be no more tears, but I forgot about this one! I pretty much cried through my entire dance with my dad. Once you hear the song you may understand why. I tried my best to suck it up and brush them away, but eventually the chorus would roll around again and bring fresh tears to my eyes.




I can't really remember what we talked about-- I was so emotional. I remember feeling like this moment was a long time coming. I'd been away from home for so many years, traveling for dance and my dad was always very supportive of my choices, even if they were ones he would not have made. He'd been so warm to more than one boyfriend over the years and finally the moment of us dancing together at my wedding felt like, you know, pretty big. Isn't that what dads think about the minute they welcome a baby girl into the world? The weight of our journey to this moment hit me pretty hard.


I thought this photo of my family standing with their arms wrapped around eachother while we were dancing, was so cute. Mr. Barrettes is definitely singing along.

(photos by Luke Snyder Studio)

Wah! I was such a a cry baby. Some of our guests later told me that they hadn't cried during the wedding, but they got a little weepy watching our father/daughter dance. Mr. Barrettes' dance with his mom was a lot more fun and entertaining!

Did you lose it with your dad? What song did you dance to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment here, or head over to Weddingbee.com to add to the discussion there!