Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Napa Fairytale: Cake Cutting

My mouth is watering as I sit to write this post! Our cake was delish! The bottom layer was red velvet, the middle, fruit basket, and the top tier was german chocolate.


 I almost didn't want to cut into it, it was so pretty! It was a surprise to both of us, as Mr. Barrettes' mom took the cake's care into her own from the beginning of our planning. I sent her some inspirational photos and she took care of the rest.


Click below to hear the song that DJ Adam played during our cake cutting! It was so cute and all of my cousins started singing along-- which naturally made me sing along!




We're not ones for cake-smushing, but we did rub it on each other's noses before feeding it. I'm not sure why we picked it up with our hands instead of using forks...


I think that is all the cake I had for the evening. Like I said before, I felt like I had to be everywhere at once so I didn't really sit down at all. I would have liked to dig into that deliciousness a little more.

My groom really liked doing the twisty arms drinking thing. It was cute. This was like the third time we did it already!


After the cake cutting, the dancefloor heated up again and outside in the courtyard, guests were enjoying the photobooth, the twinkling lights, and the cool Napa night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment here, or head over to Weddingbee.com to add to the discussion there!