Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Napa Fairytale: Fun with the Photobooth

I'm so happy I convinced Mr. Barrettes to tackle my photobooth project at the last minute! It added a fun extra element to the reception, despite its flaws. I mentioned here how it was made and what we would have done differently.


I'm sure my groom didn't plan on cutting the board (with what looks to be a cake-cutter) just before it was hung-- but ah, it adds character...at least that's what I keep telling myself.


There was a slight mishap when a guest tried to stand on some empty boxes in order to stand in the taller frame. The boxes slipped out from under her, and she ended up flat on her back underneath the board. As she fell, she grabbed the board and it broke a bit. Thankfully she popped right up with nothing but a bruised ego and we were able to put the frame back together!

Yes, that would be the groom trying to take a bite of the board. Things were starting to go south for him by this point.

Flashing the thumbs-up sign is really cool when you are re-creating a cheesy dance photo from your childhood. We may have done this exact pose 20 years earlier.


Overall, I'm so happy we had this at our wedding! Giving your guests places to hang out, other than on the dance floor is always a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment here, or head over to Weddingbee.com to add to the discussion there!