Saturday, October 16, 2010

What You Didn't See at Your Wedding

Apparently there was a lot I missed at my own wedding.

DJ scooting everyone off the dancefloor to do the worm to announce the last song? Missed it. MOH and Best Man sharing a dance together (with a dip)? Missed that too. My mom and MIL hugging after lighting the unity candle tapers? Didn't see it until I watched it on video.

Or how about when I heard a bridesmaid stuck her tongue down a groomsman's throat in the parking lot? Remember when my mom went for a full-on motorcycle ride with the Best Man? Did someone try to hang from our photobooth? One minute we are cutting the cake, the next minute my groom is glassy-eyed and there is an entire glass of Amador zinfandel on my reception dress. Who gave him that flask?

The great thing about weddings is that it brings all your closest people together. Yet in all that togetherness, bride-mode kicked in and I felt like I had to be everywhere all the time. But it's impossible. Mr. B claims he was having full-on danceparty. I never saw him on the dance floor, aside from the mother/son dance. Where was I the whole time? How did I miss the live photo slideshow from our photographer, playing in the tasting room? What do you mean I didn't meet Uncle Gary?

Did you hear about something later that you missed at your wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment here, or head over to Weddingbee.com to add to the discussion there!