Thursday, October 21, 2010

In Sickness and In Health-- Already?

I had hoped to hit the ground running with posts as soon as we landed back in Guam, but you know how life pops into the best laid plans!

Seven days after we tied the knot, Mr. B woke up with severe abdominal pain. When the pain had not lessened by 6am, I convinced him to let me take him to the Emergency Room. After googling "right side abdominal pain" and all the hits screaming "appendicitis", I knew there was no where else he needed to be.

Upon examining him, the doctor concluded his appendix needed to be removed that afternoon. What?! Isn't  it crazy when one minute everything is normal and the next minute your love needs to be cut open? At any rate, the surgery went well and we spent the night in the hospital while his pain was managed and his food intake was monitored.

We are at home now and I'm playing Nurse Barrettes. Seems only fitting we spent our 1-week anniversary in the hospital, as I spent our wedding night cleaning puke off his tux coat-- but that's a whole other story altogether. I'm just happy his appendix waited a week until it decided to be a bother. Timing is everything!

Did you need to care for your new spouse shortly after your wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment here, or head over to Weddingbee.com to add to the discussion there!