Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Walk-Through of Our Wedding at V. Sattui

OMG, I thought I was in love with our venue before--- now I'm head over feet! We are in Napa, meeting with our vendors and making sure all of our details are buttoned up. Today we met with our Day-of-Coordinator, chose our wines for the cocktail hour and reception, and finalized our catering menu. V. Sattui rocks my world!



We saw V. Sattui Winery from the road and my heart started racing!!!



We met with our DOC and went through every possible detail of the big day. I love that we are all on the same page and that she is providing all the major players with timelines. Organization is something that I will not have to worry about. Priceless.

Hi! I'm a ham-- have had this fountain as my desktop wallpaper for months. The weather was beautiful and I'm living for how beautiful this day is!

Ok, so we walked through the 'plan'-- the fountain will be the staging area for the wedding party once the guests and groom are in place. Guests will enter from either staircase leading to the courtyard.

I will enter from one of the rooms on the top floor. I will walk around that upper level, down to the fountain, and down the stairs to my dad. He will walk me down the remaining level, down the main aisle, to the groom.

The string trio will be on the mezzanine, just above where the guests are seated. I love this detail. They were the last minute addition to our ceremony and I'm obsessed with them.

...and we marry here. I needed just to stand here together to feel it out... it's perfect :)


This is the VIP tasting room, where we will be having our cocktail hour, immediately following the ceremony. Three wines we chose will be available, as well as cheese and fruit. It's rather large and is perfect for mingling before entering the barrel room.

Omigod. I die. Walking into the barrel room is awesome. So much larger than the last time we were here. They had done a small renovation on the room and it totally opens up the space.

Our sweetheart table will be against the left wall, facing out towards our 12ish round tables.

Dancing will take place in between the lit beams. The DJ will be set up to the left, near the dining tables, and the cake will be set up to the right. The signage and posters will be removed.

The courtyard will be broken down from the ceremony and will hold small bistro tables for guests to congregate outside. We will also have a cool 'photobooth' stand that Mr. Barrettes is constructing for me. (Post on that at a later date!) The rest of the grounds are also open for our guests, but we imagine everyone will stay around the party.

V. Sattui is more than a dream come true and we can't wait to see it through the rose-colored glasses of our wedding day! Taking a walk-through with our coordinator was perfect, and gave us a good idea of how the day is going to proceed. We even hashed out our 'getaway' details and I can't wait until you see the final trick we have up our sleeve!

Did you do a walk-through of your wedding timeline? Did it help ease your nerves for the big day?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment here, or head over to Weddingbee.com to add to the discussion there!