Thursday, September 23, 2010

Tear-Jerker Shower Gift

 In my last post I wrote that my new SIL gifted me with a really sweet gift that made me laugh and cry. She was gifted a similar basket at her bridal shower and was thoughtful enough to share it with me.


It is a basket of different colored candles, with a poem instructing the bride-to-be when to burn them throughout her married life.


I held it together until I read about burning the red candles to celebrate promotions. Mr. Barrettes works so hard and I appreciate all the time and effort he puts into his career and our future. Followed by burning the purple ones on the birth of our baby?! Ugly-face tears, I tell you!!!

See! Not cute! But I'm sharing with you ladies because I want to to know what I'm dealing with here! The frequency with which I've been crying is directly related to the amount of time we have left until our wedding. All these emotions! I'm usually more composed! Not quite sure how I'm going to react on the actual day. Waterproof mascara will be my friend.

Did you receive a tear-jerker shower gift?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment here, or head over to Weddingbee.com to add to the discussion there!