Monday, January 31, 2011

A Napa Fairytale: The Processional

The groom, best man, and reverend had the best view in the house as they watched the party make their processional down the aisle. From my bird's eye view, I could just see each couple walk down the top set of stairs before they disappeared into the courtyard below me.


So happy we decided on the string trio for the ceremony. I felt like their presence added so much to the moment.



Once our moms walked down the aisle, they stepped behind the flowered curtain to light our individual candles. They shared a proud mom moment with a sweet hug.

I love Amy and John's faces towards Mr. Barrettes as they approach their positions.

Each flowergirl gave Mr. Barrettes a high five when they reached the end of the aisle-- too cute!

Our ringbearer was too cool for a high five and he and Mr. Barrettes did a fist bump.

(photos by Luke Snyder Studio)

I decided not to wait in the room any longer. Was it a rule I had to be inside? Forget that-- I wanted to see what was going on! 

I had a moment with 2 of my performer friends, who were making a late entrance into the courtyard behind the ringbearer. They traveled from Maine and I loved spotting them arrive at the last second. There was time for a quick breath as the strings changed their tune and I received the nod from our coordinator as my dad stepped into place...

Where did you wait for your big entrance? Did you see your processional?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment here, or head over to Weddingbee.com to add to the discussion there!