Monday, January 24, 2011

A Napa Fairytale: A Courtyard of Details

While we were in the bridal nook, laughing, breathing, and affixing my veil, our guests began to take their seats in the courtyard. It was about this time that I wished I could be everywhere at once. Being the bride and having to be hidden away until your grand entrance, you miss the prelude! I could hear the strings begin to play and I just knew everything was beautiful.


The lanterns were a perfect touch and I didn't know about them until I reached the end of the aisle. I told my aunt/florist I wanted hanging flowers, and she came up with the rest! V. Sattui has so much natural beauty that it only needed a few accents to become wedding-worthy.


I was thrilled someone presented our programs in a wine box. This was not my detail, in fact, I quite forgot about how my guests were going to receive them. I didn't remember to delegate the task of usher to one of my cousins and guests would end up seating themselves and taking a program from this box. No biggie.


So happy when I saw this photo! I used the back of the program to give a shout out to marriage equality. The quote reads:

"Who would give a law to lovers? Love is unto itself a higher law." -Boethius, The Consolation of Philosophy, AD. 524   In honor and support of marriage equality.

Dad looks pleased. This makes me happy!

The mini-party being so well-behaved and patiently waiting their cue.

Mr. Barrettes' mom and stepdad getting the low down on their cues from Dr. Houtz.

(photos by Luke Snyder Studio)

With everyone seated, it was almost time for the groom and his best man to take their places. My bridesmaids would soon be giving me their last wishes as they were given the signal to prepare for their entrance. That left only me and my man of honor to have a last moment before I was left to my own thoughts and excitement as the ceremony began!

Were you pleasantly surprised by any decorative details? Did you get to see your ceremony site decked out before walking down the aisle?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment here, or head over to Weddingbee.com to add to the discussion there!