Thursday, September 16, 2010

Making Mom's Dress Mine: Third Fitting

Yes, you read that right, it was the third fitting. You didn't miss much for the second fitting-- just lengthening the hem.

But I just have to preface this by saying, I almost fainted. Literally. I'm not quite sure what happened but I had been standing there, still as a mannequin for my seamstress, for about 8-10 minutes. I started to feel weird so I just took some deep breaths, and about 30 seconds later I felt sweat break out on my forehead. I didn't want to bother her so I tried to ignore it and pull myself together. Then the stars came. If I didn't speak up, I was going to end up on the floor!

"Omigod, Halina, I have to sit down, I think I'm going to pass out", I practically whispered.

"Hold on, hold on, just one more pin!" She finished that pin, zipped me out and I melted on to her sofa in my underwear.

And then it passed. Just like that. I quickly dressed myself and apologized. She said that it was no big deal, she had a girl fall on top of her one time. She blamed it on nerves, hormones, maybe not eating. But I assured her that I had just eaten breakfast so it wasn't that. I do feel like I'm going to get my "friend" in a few days, so maybe it had something to do with the bloodflow to my brain. I don't know, but I didn't like it!

Remember on SATC when Carrie breaks out in hives while trying on pouffy wedding dresses? Was I having a reaction?

Anyway, the dress is looking great. About a week away from completion. Here is the half-finished neckline:

Obviously the right side is more complete. She wanted to check the cleavage on me before she really got into that. The lace will be symmetrical on both sides. Let me pan away a little so you can see my wonky face...
I can't even eek out a real smile. I'm trying to hard to not pass out. "I'm fine! Really!" Not.

The back isn't too different from when you last saw it, except she secured the lace to the back. The other side will look the same. 
See that weird bunching in the back? That's going to be fixed. The dress was an A-line, but I wanted it to be more fitted so she took the sides in, which caused the bunching.

Hopefully I will have a finished dress next week to show you! I'll do my best to eat a bigger breakfast and remember some bright lipstick!

Forgot what it looked like before? Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment here, or head over to Weddingbee.com to add to the discussion there!