Tuesday, September 14, 2010

D.I.Y Personalized Wine Charms? Check!


We finally finished our wine charm project! In part, thanks to the postponement of the Men's Tennis Final. I can't craft and pay attention to tennis at the same time. Also in part to Baby Barrettes-- look how helpful he tried to be!

Thank you to those of you who gave me suggestions for writing on the ribbon. In the end, the tag ended up being the best solution for us. Amanda shared this link with me and I thought, "Huh, why didn't I think of that in the first place?" I had already tied the bows so I didn't want to start from scratch, but an idea worth sharing!

So I did a wine charm for the ladies:


And a charm for the men:



I ended up printing the name of the guest on thick textured cardstock from Michael's, punching a 1/8" hole in the corner and hanging it from a 5mm jump ring. I found the heart charms at Michael's also and thought they added that finishing touch.

I also enlisted Mr. Barrettes in singeing the ends of the bows so the satin didn't frey.

We love crafts!

As for bending the wire, I found this link quite helpful : DIY wine charm

Cute right?! We will be presenting these charms on the wedding favor (more about that soon), since I've heard that if you place it on the glass, the guests will likely think they can take the glass home.

My first DIY project? Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment here, or head over to Weddingbee.com to add to the discussion there!