Monday, February 7, 2011

A Napa Fairytale: Cocktail Hour

Even if you don't necessarily want a cocktail hour, it happens anyway because after sitting through a ceremony, guests are ready to stand up and socialize for a bit. They aren't quite ready to go and sit back down for dinner.


While our cocktail hour didn't really last an hour, it was the pefect time for my costume change and for everyone to mingle around the winery. We offered 3 wines in the lower tasting room (directly behind where we stood for the ceremony): 2009 Early Harvest White Riesling, 2008 Gamay Rouge, and 2008 Amador Ridge Zinfandel. Each wine an easy favorite of mine ours.


Our wedding advice mad-lib was a hit and I received an impressive collection of both hilarious, naughty ones and sweet and serious ones. In my mind these would be pinned to a corkboard and placed in a book at a later date in lieu of a guestbook, but things don't always go as you plan them. I forgot the push pins and guests would end up writing well-wishes on the board. I should have had a guestbook as a back-up.


We also had bread, fruit, and cheese platters displayed in the tasting room, and although neither Mr. Barrettes or I ever saw them, we heard they were a hit. Again, if I could have been everywhere at once I would have. Forty minutes to just chill and drink wine would have been nice, but silly me had to be cool and change into a different dress. You win some, you lose some.

About the time I re-joined the party, the doors to the barrel room were opened to reveal our dinner setting and dancefloor.

(photos by Luke Snyder Studio)

Lots of good stuff happened in this room and I'm excited to start sharing our fun reception with you! But first, I return to the courtyard as the Breezy Bride in her custom-made Marchesa-inspired dream dress!

I'm really happy our ceremony and reception were at the same place. Not having to transport people to a new venue really saves time (and $$$). Did you hold your ceremony and reception at the same venue?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment here, or head over to Weddingbee.com to add to the discussion there!