Monday, December 27, 2010

A Napa Fairytale: Last Hurrah

After the Rehearsal Dinner it was time to unwind. It sounds crazy, but although the day was amazing and exciting, being on a constant life-high is exhausting. Making sure everyone is where they're supposed to be, making sure you're catering to everyone's needs, despite everyone telling you to not worry so much, is just part of being a bride.

Walking into Compadres to these lovely faces let me finally exhale.


Although I was tired (remember my breakfast in the dark?), I pushed on, drawing on the energy of my crazy friends. Mr. Barrettes was happy to take up a spot at the bar with his buddies and I gabbed with my peeps and took silly photos.

 We decided the caption for this photo should be "At midnight the pumpkin turned into a coach and she turned into a princess."

There was fun art outside on the walls.

The rest of the evening gets fuzzy. After one too many glasses of wine, my groom put me in the car and we headed back downtown to our hotel. He wondered why our suitcases were still in the car and I reminded him that there just weren't enough hours on October 9th to check in.

Yes, we spent the night before our wedding together. We didn't really have plans otherwise. I know it may be "unlucky", but it worked for us. There is nothing exciting to report there. We were exhausted. We were out before our heads hit the pillows, re-charging our batteries for the day we'd been waiting our whole lives for. Finally, ten-ten-ten was upon us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment here, or head over to Weddingbee.com to add to the discussion there!