Monday, December 27, 2010

A Napa Fairytale: Ceremony Rehearsal

With all of the major players present it was time to rehearse! We lined up in our ceremony places and backtracked our way to the front of the line.


Mr. Barrettes arrived directly from the golf course and didn't have time to change. Oops! But he still groom-ed it out with the black to my white. My dress was another gift from my MOH that we picked up when we were in NYC for my bridal shower. My dad was great and wore some sort of purple the whole weekend.. too cute.


Somewhere in the disaster of suitcases in our car was my ribbon bouquet that I forgot in the rush to get to the winery. I didn't even realize I wasn't holding it until I looked at photos. I swear, those things that you think are important just have a way of falling into the background of your mind. Don't stress.


Guess what else I forgot? My orange weddingbee barrettes! I have one in my hair, but I intended to wear the pair like they are in my icon*.


Surprise, surprise--I got teary! When the reverend walked us through what he would be saying, the words sort of hit me like a ton of bricks. We'd been reading our vows in the Presbyterian handbook for some time, so the words were familiar to me, but hearing them out loud just took me by surprise. Everyone kept telling me to get it out, so I'd be safe for the ceremony. It was a good release of emotion.

We wrapped it up pretty quickly and still had an hour to kill before our rehearsal dinner. While some of the party headed into the tasting room, I gathered our reception details together to leave for the coordinator and finished folding our programs.


I headed into the V. Sattui tasting room to join our friends, already in the first leg of an evening of celebration. I joined them with a glass of Early Harvest White Riesling and we all toasted to a fun and stress-free wedding day!
---

* How cute are my barrettes?! I was saving them for our rehearsal and wouldn't you know I was using one all day and left the other sad in my makeup bag. John used a random one he had when I quick- changed into my dress at the Westin so it never really matched. I don't have a photo with these in my hair but maybe I'll remember to wear them on our 1st anniversary!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment here, or head over to Weddingbee.com to add to the discussion there!